A non-refundable pet guest fee of $250 is charged for the first well behaved pet and $100 fee for the second well behaved pet. Maximum of 2 pets per property.
Find a Vacation Rental
Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds, unless a protective cover is used provided by guest. There is an extra pet cleaning fee if evidence of excessive pet hair is found in the home. In addition to PET FEE, any damage done by a guest’s pet, such as chewing furniture, staining carpet (pet urine), digging in the yard, etc. will be charged against the guest’s credit card and/or deducted from the damage deposit and the guest will be charged for carpet cleaning, odor removal, and flea spray if any evidence of a pet(s) is found in the rental home or on the premises. Pets are not allowed in the pool or hot tub. Also, we require that guests pick up after their pet when the pet does its business. If poop is found in the front or back porch area, there will be an extra charge for cleanup. All pets must be under the complete control of a responsible guest, and must be on a hand-held leash at all times. We do not limit pet size or breed, however aggressive or unruly dogs are not welcome for the safety of other guests and children in the area. If we receive one or more complaints regarding barking or aggressive pet behavior, the guest, with their pet will be asked to leave with forfeiture of all rents and security deposit.
(Real Property Owners or permanent residents only)
The Board of County Commissioners recently designated the Clerk of Court as the issuing agency for the Dog Beach Permits. The Ordinance allows Walton County real property owners or permanent residents to obtain a permit to walk your dog on the beach.
- Must provide proof of Rabies vaccination from a licensed veterinarian
- The name of the dog owner on the vet records must match the name of the property owner records
- Must provide proof of property ownership (deed or tax receipt,) OR
- Must provide proof of residency (driver’s license, utility bill, lease agreement, or voter’s registration)
- Business owners must show 51% ownership (copy of State or other document showing percentage of ownership or list of officers)
- Daylight Savings Time: allowed between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. the following day
- Non-Daylight Savings Time: allowed between 3:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. the following day
- Dog permit: $40.00
- Replacement for lost tag $10.00
- All permits expire on August 1 (grace period until August 15th)
- Owners are responsible for pick up of their dogs’ waste
Not all vacation rentals are Pet Friendly. To find a unit that is Pet Friendly please search for units with a * in their title, search by Pet Friendly amenity online, or give our Guest Relations team a call at 1.800.553.0188